Thursday, October 13, 2011

Drew's blog

Hey it's Drew here. This is my first blog on the site and i'm pretty excited to share it with you. Basicly i plan on talking about my life and what I do everyday. So why not start with today? Well this afternoon i was smoking a cigarette and a homeless person walked by house and asked me if I had a razor blade (i'm not lying here). I asked the guy why he needed a razor blade and he showed me his finger nail, it was about 2 inches long and was hanging off of the mans finger ready to snap. It looked painful, however I didn't happen to have a razor blade so I told the man i'm sorry I can't help you. He then asked me if I had 20 cents which i did and he went on with his day. Now this may seem like a weird random incident to you but I deal with people like this everyday. You see I live in San Bernardino, California, about 100 miles out from la. And for the last 20 years my city has been in a major depression. Its basically the Detroit of California. And i've seen some things that you couldn't imagine just sitting outside on my pourch. For example, in the middle of summer a woman walked by house and asked me "boy arn't you cold", I replied with "no its pretty hot out here haha" and then she tells me "well its freezing over here, i forgot to bring my jacket with me". Now you have to realize it was at least 105 degrees that day. With that said the people I meet on a daily basis give me hope for the future. They make me see that someday when i'm 50 years old walking down those same streets maybe I too can harass some nice man on his pourch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment